Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
- Use on horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Penetrates and protects from within the wood.
- Excellent penetration- Textrol should be in the wood not on the surface.
- Non-film forming – will not crack, peel or flake.
- Protects against moisture and UV damage.
- Quick and easy to apply – “wet on wet” application.
- Provides mildew resistance.
- Easy maintenance – no stripping or sanding.
Where to use
- Soft or hardwoods: Cedar, Larch, Pine (pressure treated or not), Ash, Oak etc.
- Can be applied to both horizontal surfaces (decks, walkways etc) and vertical surfaces (cladding, shingles, fences etc) and other exterior wood structures.
- Do not use on new wood – use Seasonite
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings.
- Treat mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub solution on to surface and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly.
- After cleaning, allow wood to dry 2-3 good drying days or until it has reached a moisture content of 18% or less before applying Textrol.
- Textrol may only be applied to bare wood surfaces or a weathered wood surface that was previously finished with Textrol. ALL other finishes must be completely and thoroughly removed.
- If necessary sand surface after cleaning and/or stripping (80 grit paper).
New wood surfaces
- Textrol may only be applied to weathered wood. All new wood should be treated with Seasonite and allowed to weather 12 months before applying Textrol.
Weathered wood surfaces (untreated)
- Wood that has weathered longer than 12 months or turned grey should be cleaned with Net-Trol to remove all loose wood fibres, dirt and other surface contamination before applying Textrol.
Previously oiled surfaces
- All other oils or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed with Aquanett or Prepdeck and the stripped surface neutralised with Net-Trol before applying Textrol.
Previously coated surfaces (paint, stain, varnish etc)
- All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed with Dilunett, Prepdeck or DSP 800 before applying Textrol.
- Solvent (oil or alkyd based finishes): Strip with Dilunett, neutralise with Net-Trol.
Acrylic finishes – Water-based
- Strip with Prepdeck, neutralise with Net-Trol.
- Other finishes i.e. 2 pack epoxies, urethanes etc: Strip with DSP 800.
Note: Aquanett, Prepdeck and Dilunett may darken hardwoods including exotic hardwoods and woods rich in tannins i.e. Cedar, Douglas Fir, Teak, Ipe, Oak etc neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
- Apply an application of Textrol and allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application and allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Do not allow Textrol to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Once the timber is saturated, always brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- The appearance of Textrol gradually lightens over time due to exposure to the sun and UV rays. When the wood has lightened to a light grey colour, it is time for a maintenance application.
- Refer to the packaging for maintenance procedure.
Coverage: Initial: 5 m² per litre per 2 coats. Maintenance: 10 m² – 12 m² per litre.
Application tools: Brush, Roller, Spray: Airless HVLP, Garden Sprayer.
Application temperature: Between 5°C and 35°C.
Drying: 24 hours.
Clean-up: Clean all tools and equipment with white spirits whilst still wet. If allowed to dry, remove with paint stripper.
NOTE: Any rags etc soaked in Textrol may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Rags etc must be saturated with water after use or placed in a sealed, water filled metal container, before disposing with household waste.