Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Owatrol DSP 800
Powerful Fast-acting Multi-purpose Stripper
Owatrop DSP 800 is ready to use and fast-acting paint stripper. It works on all surfaces, apart from plastic, leaving a coating free surface that can be refinished in as little as 6 hours.
- Multi purpose stripper.
- Fast acting & powerful.
- New formula.
- Does not contain Dichloromethane.
- Ready to use.
- Gel formula. Will not run or sag.
- Surface can be re-coated after 6 hours.
- Will not darken the wood – Does not react with the woods natural oils (tannins).
Where to use
- Interior and exterior.
- Vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Use on wood, metal (ferrous and non-ferrous**), stone, cement, ceramic (Do not use on plastic**)
- Removal of carpet glue.
- Cladding, Floors, Stairs, Joinery, Decking, Fencing, Gates etc
**Do not use on plastics, GRP or other similar type surfaces – risk of dissolving surface.
Avoid prolonged contact with aluminium.
- Remove any loose and flaking paint.
- Brush off any physical surface contamination e.g. moss, general dirt etc.
- Apply a uniform layer of DSP 800, according to the coating to be stripped.
- Allow to work.
- Periodically test with a scraper to see if finish is softening. When coating has softened, blistered or cracked and can easily be removed then the optimal working time has been established.
If after 45 min there is no result, apply again and continue test.
- Apply a uniform layer of DSP 800 according to the coating to be stripped.
- Allow to work in accordance with the test carried out above.
- Remove stripper and coating with a scraper or scrubbing brush. On delicate wood use a soft brass brush. On interior wood use a scraper or soft brass brush.
- Caution: If the coating being stripped is an acrylic do not allow DSP 800 to dry, as this makes scrubbing and removal of the coating difficult.
- DSP 800 is also recommended for use on old oiled or waxed wooden floors. The use of DSP 800 prevents clogging and unnecessary changing of the sanding sheets.
- DSP 800 may also be used for “dry stripping”. Allow mix of coating and DSP 800 to dry 2 to 3 hours before removing. Not recommended on wood.
The paraffin in DSP 800 creates a film on top of the stripper to avoid evaporation of the active ingredients.
Once the stripper has destroyed the old coating, it starts to attack the paraffin, this can lead to particles of paraffin being left on the surface, which can affect the adhesion and appearance of the new finish. It is therefore important to treat the surface as directed in “After Stripping” below.
Rinse surface with warm water, White Spirit, Acetone or by mechanically sanding (80, 100 or 120 grit paper) to remove any paraffin residue.
Coverage: 1.25 – 4 m² per Litre.
Application tools: Synthetic brush. Synthetic scrubbing brush. Soft brass brush. Scraper.
Application temperature: Between 10°C and 25°C.
Clean-up: Warm water or White Spirit.