Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
New Wood Protection
Owatrol Seasonite will protect all new exterior wood against the damaging effects of sun and moisture in the first 6-12 months when it is at it’s most vulnerable.
- Stabilises and protects the wood during its first 12 months of weathering.
- Penetrates the wood and protects it from excess moisture. Allows wood pores to open naturally.
- Minimises any splitting, cracking, warping and cupping due to the damaging effects of the sun and rain.
- Colourless treatment.
- Easy to use.
- Minimises the greying & weathering process – prepares the wood for re-coating.
- After 6-12 months of weathering, Seasonite provides a sound surface for paint, wood stain or other finishes to be applied to.
Where to use
- Ideal for softwood (Pine, Spruce, Ceder etc) and especially for pressure-treated wood.
- Vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Use on garden decks, shakes, shingles, cladding, fencing, unfinished outdoor furniture in Pine, Spruce, Cedar or other softwoods.
- Apply a generous coat to all dry wood surfaces before or after installation.
- Do not apply to weathered wood.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime mildew and other surface contaminants.
- Treat mildew with a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts water. Scrub solution on to surface, allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly.
- If necessary sand surface after cleaning (80 grit paper).
- Wood should be clean, dry to touch and free from all stains.
- Shake well before use. Do not dilute.
- Apply one liberal coat of Seasonite to all wood surfaces with a brush, roller or garden sprayer.
- Ensure Seasonite flows in between the boards and that all end grains are well saturated. If dipping shakes or shingles, soak for 10 min then allow the excess to drain.
- If desired, after 6 to 12 months of weathering, clean with Net-Trol, and finish with Textrol or Solid Colour Stain.
- Refer to packaging for full user instructions
Coverage: 5 to 7m²/l
Application tools: brush – roller
Application temperature: 5°C to +35°C
Working time: 12h.