Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Prepdeck Stripper Cleaner
- Strips old finishes from exterior woods including 100% acrylics.
- Reduces mill glaze on new wood.
- Improves penetration of finishes on new wood.
- Removes grade stamps.
- Cleans weathered wood.
- Can be used neat or diluted.
Where to use
- All exterior wood.
- Pressure treated wood, softwoods (cedar, pine) and hardwoods.
- Decks, docks, cladding and other woodworks.
- To strip old finishes and grade stamps use undiluted.
- To reduce mill glaze, add 1 part Prepdeck to 4 parts water except for Ipe. For Ipe add 1 part Prepdeck to 1 part water.
- To clean, dilute from 1 part Prepdeck to 5 parts water up to a maximum of 1 part Prepdeck to 20 parts water, depending on condition of the surface.
- Shake or stir product well before and during use including diluted solutions.
- Use Prepdeck as is or dilute according to “Dilutions” above.
- Keep surface wet with Prepdeck while it is working.
- After rinsing ALWAYS neutralise surface with Net-Trol except where Tropitech is the chosen finish.
- Do not use a wire brush to scrub the surface.
- Work large areas in zones.
- Allow wood to dry thoroughly, 2-3 days before refinishing.
Stripping and Cleaning
- Work in areas that can be completed in 15-30 minutes.
- Apply Prepdeck to the area to be stripped or cleaned and allow to work.
- After appropriate time test small area with nylon scrubbing brush to see if finish or dirt is lifting. If lifting; scrub area with a stiff nylon brush, deck brush or use a Power Washer at 1000-1500 psi (70-103 bars) depending on type of wood. Always work in direction of grain. Rinse with copious amounts of fresh water, using the highest pressure from the water source available or use a Power Washer at 500-1000 psi (35-70 bars) working in direction of grain. (Rinse adjacent areas at same time).
- Note: The use of hot water makes the job easier.
Reducing Mill Glaze
- Apply Prepdeck to the area to be treated.
- Allow to work 20 minutes.
- Scrub area with a stiff nylon brush, deck brush or use a Power Washer at 1000-1500 psi (70-103 bars) depending on type of wood. Always work in direction of grain. Rinse with copious amounts of fresh water, using the highest pressure from the water source available or use a power washer at 500-1000 psi (35-70 bars) working in direction of grain (rinse adjacent areas at same time).
Removing Grade Stamps
- Apply Prepdeck undiluted and scrub until stamp is gone. Rinse thoroughly.
Coverage per coat: 3 to 4m/l Application
Application tools: Synthetic brush, Synthetic scrubbing brush, Roller with synthetic cover, Garden sprayer.
Application temperature: 5°C to 35°C
Working time: 20 to 30 mins.