Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
- Saturates, penetrates and stabilises wood to minimise damage caused by moisture and sun.
- Can be applied on new or weathered wood.
- Provides a matt finish that accentuates the beauty of wood.
- Premium UV absorbing transoxide pigments.
- Provides a long lasting finish.
- Low odour; fast drying.
- Easy application and easy clean-up with soap and water
Where to use
- For exterior or interior use.
- Hardwoods: including Ipé, Ironwood, Mahogany and Teak.
- Softwoods: Pine, Spruce, Cedar, Pressure treated woods etc
- Thermo-heated woods.
- Horizontal and vertical surfaces such as decks, siding, fences and furniture.
- Surfaces must be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings.
- Treat mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub solution on to surface and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly.
- After stripping and cleaning, allow wood to dry 2-3 good drying days or until it has reached a moisture content of 18% or less before applying finish.
- Aquadecks can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or a weathered wood surface that was previously finished with Aquadecks. All other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed.
- If necessary sand surface after stripping and cleaning (80 grit paper).
New wood surfaces
- New wood surfaces have a hard shiny surface called mill glaze that prevents maximum penetration and bonding of any finish; this should be removed prior to application in order to ensure maximum performance of the finish.
- Treat surface with Aquanett, neutralise with Net-Trol, alternatively mechanically or manually abrade surface with 80 grit paper. Clean off all loose wood particles. Test wood for absorbency by sprinkling water on the surface.
- If water is absorbed rapidly, the surface is ready for finishing.
Untreated weathered woods
- Untreated wood surfaces that have weathered longer than 6 months should be thoroughly cleaned with undiluted Net-Trol to ensure that all loose wood fibres, dirt and other surface contaminants are removed.
Previously treated surfaces (oiled)
- All oils or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed with Aquanett and the stripped surface neutralised with Net-Trol before applying Aquadecks.
Previously treated surfaces (paint, stain, varnish, waterproofers etc)
- All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed with Dilunett and the stripped surface neutralised with Net-Trol before applying Aquadecks.
- Other finishes i.e. 2 pack epoxies, urethanes etc: Contact our technical department for additional information and advice.
Note: Hardwoods including exotic hardwoods and woods rich in tannins i.e. Cedar, Douglas Fir, Teak, Ipe etc may darken with Aquanett and Dilunett, neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
Bamboo Surfaces: Contact our technical department for additional information and advice before starting the work.
Coverage: Initial: 5 m² per litre per 2 coats. Maintenance: 10 m² to 12 m² per litre
Application tools: Brush, Roller, Spray.
Application temperature: Between 10°C and 30°C.
Drying: 4 – 48 hours.
Clean-up: Soap and water.