Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Owatrol D1 Pro
Saturating Wood Oil For Hardwoods
D1 Pro has added UV inhibitors making it a high performance oil which saturates the wood. Pushing out moisture and air it fills the pores of the wood with rich oil, stabilising the wood and providing long-lasting protection.
- Can be used on horizontal or vertical surfaces.
- High UV resistance
- Ideal for dense, greasy or difficult to impregnate hardwood
- Long lasting natural finish
- Excellent penetration.
- Non film building. Must be in the wood not on the surface
- Interior – Exterior
- Mildew resistant finish
- Easy to use. Easy to maintain (no stripping, no sanding)
- Allows local touch up
Where to use
- Tropical hardwoods : Ipe, Teak, Bangkirai, Mahogany etc
- Exterior : Decking, Garden Furniture, Fences, Cladding etc
- Interior : Floors, Stairs, Door & Window Frames etc
- Horizontal & Vertical Surfaces etc
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings.
- Treat mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub solution on to surface and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly.
- After cleaning, allow wood to dry 2-3 good drying days or until it has reached a moisture content of 18% or less before applying D.1 PRO.
- D.1 PRO may only be applied to bare wood surfaces or a weathered wood surface that was previously finished with D.1 PRO. All other finishes must be completely and thoroughly removed.
- If necessary sand surface after cleaning and/or stripping (80 grit paper).
New wood surfaces:
- New wood surfaces have a hard shiny surface called mill-glaze that prevents maximum penetration and adhesion of any finish, this should be removed to ensure maximum performance the finish.
- Treat with Aquanett or Prepdeck and neutralise with Net-Trol.
Weathered wood surfaces (untreated):
- Wood that has weathered longer than 12 months or turned grey should be cleaned with Net-Trol to remove all loose wood fibres, dirt and other surface contaminants. If wood is severely contaminated, clean with Prepdeck or Aquanett and neutralise with Net-Trol.
Previously oiled surfaces:
All other oils or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed with Aquanett or Prepdeck and the stripped surface neutralised with Net-Trol.
Previously coated surfaces (paint, stain, varnish etc):
- All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed with Dilunett, Prepdeck or DSP 800.
- Solvent (oil or alkyd based finishes): Strip with Dilunett neutralise with Net-Trol.
- Acrylic finishes – Water-based: Strip with Prepdeck neutralise with Net-Trol.
- Other finishes i.e. 2 pack epoxies, urethan etc strip with DSP 800.
Hardwoods including exotic hardwoods and woods rich in tannins i.e. Oak, Chestnut, Teak, Ipe, Bangkar etc may darken with Aquanett, Prepdeck or Dilunett, neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
- Thoroughly remove any existing coatings with DSP 800 or by mechanical abrasion.
- Sand surface with 80 or 100 grit paper to open the woods’ pores.
- Dust off and wash with Methylated Spirits (Denatured Alcohol), Acetone or similar (NOT White Spirit) to degrease the surface.
- Allow to dry
- Shake or stir can well before use.
- Start by applying a 1st liberal application of D.1 PRO to an area that can be treated in 15 minutes and allow to penetrate (normally 15-30 minutes).
- Apply a 2nd application as soon as the first has penetrated and allow to penetrate.
- Continue this “wet-on-wet” application of D.1 PRO until wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Leave final application 20-30 minutes then brush out or wipe up excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- Do not allow D.1 PRO to become touch dry or dry between applications.
D.1 PRO is not a surface coating, its place is in the wood not on the surface. D.1 PRO protects by penetrating the wood, providing a rich matt finish.
Coverage: 8 to 12m²/l (Per coat)
Application tools: roller – brush – airless spray
Application temperature: 5°C to +35°C
Drying: 24 h.
Setting up time before use: 1 to 3 jours.