Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Deks Olje D1
- Can be applied to either horizontal or vertical surfaces.
- Saturates and protects all woods – Soft and Hard; Oily and Dense.
- Excellent penetration – non-film forming.
- Replaces the natural oils lost from the wood – will not blacken the timber .
- Transparent – Enhances the woods natural grain.
- Deep penetrating, stabilises the timber – Protects against moisture ingress.
- Easy maintenance – no sanding or stripping.
- Used alone, gives a silken matt finish or overcoat with Deks Olje 2 for a high gloss finish, not for standard decking installations, if in doubt please ask us for advice.
Where to use
- Hardwoods and Tropical Timber: Ipe, Masaranduba, Cumaru, Kurupay, Idigbo, Elondo, Iroko etc
- Softwoods: Pine, Spruce, Larch etc
- Exterior: garden furniture, decking, walkways, boat decks, topsides on boats, portals etc
- Interior: flooring, panelling, stairs, doors, windows, door frames etc
- Marine: Can be applied above or below the waterline. Excellent primer for conventional single pack marine coatings.
- Horizontal & vertical surfaces.
- Apply a coat of D.1 – Allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application. Allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Once the timber is saturated, always brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- Do not allow D1 to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Refer to the packaging for maintenance procedure.
Multicoat coverage: 1 – 4 m²/l
Coverage rate for maintenance: 8 – 12 m²/l
Application tools: Brush – Roller
Application temperature: 5°C to +35°C
Drying: 24 h.
Setting up time before use: 3 days.