Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Owatrol Deks Olje D1
Saturating Wood Oil
Deks Olje D1 enriches and stabilises the wood by saturating deep into the fibres to replace lost oils and drive out moisture. It is a high-end exterior and marine grade timber oil.
- Can be applied to either horizontal or vertical surfaces.
- Saturates and protects all woods – Soft and Hard; Oily and Dense.
- Excellent penetration – non-film forming.
- Replaces the natural oils lost from the wood – will not blacken the timber.
- Transparent – Enhances the woods natural grain.
- Deep penetrating, stabilises the timber – Protects against moisture ingress.
- Easy maintenance – no sanding or stripping.
- Used alone, gives a silken matt finish or overcoat with Deks Olje 2 for a high gloss finish, not for standard decking installations, if in doubt please ask us for advice.
Where to use
- Hardwoods and Tropical Timber: Ipe, Masaranduba, Cumaru, Kurupay, Idigbo, Elondo, Iroko etc
- Softwoods: Pine, Spruce, Larch etc
- Exterior: garden furniture, decking, walkways, boat decks, topsides on boats, portals etc
- Interior: flooring, panelling, stairs, doors, windows, door frames etc
- Marine: Can be applied above or below the waterline. An excellent primer for conventional single pack marine coatings.
- Horizontal & vertical surfaces.
- Apply a coat of D.1 – Allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Apply a second application. Allow to penetrate for 15-30 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated i.e. will accept no more oil.
- Once the timber is saturated, always brush out or wipe up any excess product that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots.
- Do not allow D1 to become touch dry or dry between coats (apply “wet on wet”).
- Refer to the packaging for the maintenance procedure.
Multicoat coverage: 1 – 4 m²/l
Coverage rate for maintenance: 8 – 12 m²/l
Application tools: Brush – Roller
Application temperature: 5°C to +35°C
Drying: 24 h.
Setting up time before use: 3 days.