Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Industrial Waterborne, Penetrating Wood Finish
SI106 is penetrating wood finish for industrial application. SI106 will not crack, peel or flake. It saturates the wood, sealing and stabilising it, minimises cracking, warping and other damage caused by the sun and moisture.
- Excellent penetration even on dense and oily tropical woods – Teak, Ipe etc
- Low viscosity.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Quick drying – Handle and stack-able in 4 hours.
- Provides an anti-fungal finish.
- Easy maintenance – No sanding or stripping.
- Fast commissioning – 24 hours in unconfined atmosphere.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings.
- SI106 can only be applied to bare wood surfaces. All other finishes/sealants MUST be completely and thoroughly removed.
- Apply 2 even applications of SI106 ‘wet on wet’.
- Apply a 1st liberal application of SI106 and allow to penetrate into the wood.
- Apply 2nd application as soon as the wet look of the 1st application has disappeared (normally 10-15 minutes) and allow to penetrate into the wood.
- Brush out any puddles within 20 minutes of applying the last application to avoid SI106 drying as shiny spots on the surface.
- Do not allow SI106 to become Touch Dry or Dry between applications.
Coverage: 4 – 6 m² / litre per 2 applications (Actual coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture, age and porosity of the wood.)
Application tools: Dipping. Brush coater. Flow coating. Vacuum coating. Spray: Compressed air, Airless, HVLP etc.
Application temperature: Between 10°C and 35°C.
Drying: Approximately 4 hours.
Clean-up: Soap and hot water.