Owatrol E-B (Emulsa-Bond)
Bonding Primer & Paint Stabiliser
Owatrol E-B has been formulated to stop any peeling problems on all porous surfaces. It is a stir-in paint additive for use in water-based masonry or interior paints.
- Provides a bonding primer and a first flat coat of masonry or interior paint in one.
- Stabilises chalky, powdery or porous surfaces and reduces peeling problems.
- Maximises adhesion between the first and second coats.
- Recoatable after 4 hours.
- Improves the durability of the finish.
Where to use
- For exterior or interior use.
- Apply Owatrol E-B modified paint over sound but chalky paint (emulsion or oil); distemper; sandblasted masonry or weathered, but sound asbestos cladding.
- Ideal for repainting chalky aluminum cladding, plywood or hardboard cladding and cementitious cladding.
- Follow directions on the paint label.
- Wash protected areas (overhangs, porch ceilings, etc.) with detergent and water. Rinse thoroughly before painting.
- To treat mildew make a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts fresh water to this add detergent – Allow this solution to remain on the surface for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with fresh water and allow washed areas to dry before painting.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin, and provide adequate ventilation.
NOTE: Use only in the first coat of paint
- Shake container well.
- Always mix a small amount of Owatrol E-B with paint to test compatibility.
- Mix 1 part Owatrol E-B to 4 parts paint.
- Stir paint and Owatrol E-B mixture thoroughly. If paint thickens add enough water to return paint to its original consistency.
- Apply paint as usual.
- Apply any additional coats without Owatrol E-B. Apply additional coats when the Owatrol E-B/ paint mixture is dry.
- Do not apply more paint while the Owatrol E-B/ paint mix film feels soft or tacky.
Coverage: Coverage will vary with the texture and porosity of the surface. Generally 20% less material is used than if the paint or stain had been applied without Owatrol E-B.