- Additive for waterborne coatings: emulsions, acrylics, vinyls
- Improves paint flow and workability.
- Minimises paint streaks and roller misses.
- Increases open time and eases application.
- Ideal for special effects.
- Avoids brush marks especially in warm, sunny and windy conditions.
- Eases and improves spray application: offers greater flexibility of application.
- Reduces spray pressure by up to 20 %
- Reduces overspray – less paint waste.
- Prevents tip clogging and piston freeze
- Lubricates moving parts – reduces wear and tear.
- Prepare surface as per instructions on the paint can.
- Remove all loose and flaking material.
- Treat any organic growth with a fungicidal solution or a mix of 1 part water to 1 part chlorine bleach (allow bleach solution to sit for 15 minutes), rinse thoroughly and allow to dry.
- Stir paint thoroughly and apply in normal manner.
- If paint pulls, sets too fast, does not level or flow properly, add Floetrol until the paint spreads smoothly, easily and provides sufficient “wet-edge”. Allow the brush, roller or sprayer to be your guide.
- Shake Floetrol container well before use.
- Add Floetrol to paint and stir Floetrol paint mixture thoroughly.
- Apply Floetrol paint mixture in normal manner.
Add Floetrol to paint following the guidelines below:
Brush or Roller
- Add approximately 7-10% per litre of paint.
- If paint is thick, or in extreme temperatures, more Floetrol may gradually be added, up to 15% per litre.
HVLP & Cup Gun sprayer
- Add 5-10% per litre of paint.
- The amount depends on the consistency and flow properties of the paint.
- If paint seems to thicken, add a tablespoon of water per litre of paint to thin.
- Add up to 10% per litre of paint.
- Add 20-25% per litre of paint.
- Do not add too much conditioner for vertical surfaces as technique may sag or vanish.
Coverage: Coverage will vary depending on application method, type, texture, age and porosity of the surface.
Application tools: Brush, roller, or spray gun.
Application temperature: Between 5°C and 35°C.
Drying: As per paint manufacturers instructions.
Clean-up: Soap and water.