Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Wood oil with a matt-satin finish
Aquatrol is a water-based oil for exterior wood. It has been designed to revitalise weather-beaten, dried-out exterior wood.
- Can be used on horizontal or vertical surfaces.
- Water-based gel for outdoor softwood.
- Easy to use.
- Impregnates isolates and protects softwood against weathering.
- Non-film forming – can be touched up locally; does not flake.
- Easy maintenance with one coat only.
- Enhances the natural beauty of wood; matt-sheen finish.
- Ideal on softwood (douglas fir, pin, spruce etc) and more specifically cedar.
Where to use
- Exterior softwood – Aquatrol can be used on decks, cladding, roofs, fences, outdoor furniture. Do not use internally.
Recommendations before use
- Always apply Aquatrol on dry wood (moisture content below 19%)
- Only apply on clean bare wood (remove previous coatings); degrease if necessary.
- Do not apply Aquatrol on new wood
- Stir well before use.
- Do not use on hardwood or plywood.
- Apply a liberal application by brush, roller or airless spray (always back-brush or back-roll). Allow to penetrate the wood. Normally 15-30 minutes or when milky appearance has disappeared.
- Apply the 2nd application and allow to penetrate. Repeat this procedure until the wood is saturated. DO NOT allow to become touch dry or dry between applications.
- After last application, brush out or wipe up any excess that has not penetrated to avoid shiny spots. Pay special attention to the edges to prevent moisture absorption; impregnate them carefully to avoid any damages.
- Read directions for use on packaging.
Coverage: 10 to 15m²/l (per coat)
Multicoat coverage: 5m²/l
Application tools: roller – brush – airless spray
Application temperature: 10°C to +35°C
Drying: 24 to 48h.
Clean-up: Water + Soap