Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Owatrol Oleofloor Natural
Enhance the natural beauty of wooden floors with long-lasting protection
Oleofloor natural matt oil finish is for protecting and enhancing all interior woodwork.
- Pleasant odour.
- Oleofloor Natural enhances the natural beauty of the wood.
- Easy to apply.
- Fast drying.
- Excellent penetration.
- Nourishes the wood.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion and chemicals, including ammonia based products. Water repellent.
- Does not require buffing or heavy and expensive application equipment.
- Only first coat of Oleofloor Natural can be tinted with a universal colourant (max. 3%). Always try a sample first.
- Easy maintenance.
- Protecting and enhancing all interior woodwork (floors, stairs, panelling etc).
Where To Use
- Can be used on all soft and hardwoods including exotic hardwoods.
- Directly on to prepared woods
- All wooden floors, new and old including parquet flooring, veneered flooring and staircases.
- Surfaces must be dry, clean, free of dirt, grease and other surface contamination including previous coatings.
- Oleofloor Natural can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or wood surfaces previously finished with Oleofloor Natural or other wood flooring oils. All other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed.
- Always clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner after each sanding, including any dust traps (skirting, radiators, pipes, window sills, etc).
- Sand floor back to bare wood using an appropriate system and abrasive grades, depending on the condition of surface and wood species.
- Cracks of 2 mm wide or less should be filled with Lianfloor and sanding resumed with 80 or 100 grit paper depending on the last grit used.
- Finish with finishing grade up to grit No. 120 or 150 depending on the wood species and thickness of wear layer
New Wood Surfaces
- Degrease surface with denatured alcohol, acetone or similar solvent based product.
- Sand surface as instructed in “General Directions” above
Previously Treated surfaces (Oiled And In Good Condition)
- Clean floor meticulously with Soapclean. Repeat procedure if required.
- Sand floor with a fine grade abrasive (grit No 150 to 200).
- Clean meticulously with a vacuum cleaner.
Previously Treated surfaces (Oiled And In Poor Condition or Polished)
- Previously oiled or polished surfaces should be dry stripped with DSP 800.
- If, after stripping with DSP 800, the surface is in good condition and does not require sanding, neutralise with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product before applying finish.
- If sanding is required, proceed as instructed in “General Directions”.
Previously Treated surfaces (Paint, Stain, Varnish etc)
- Remove existing finish by sanding or stripping with DSP 800.
- If, after stripping with DSP 800, the surface is in good condition and does not require sanding, neutralise with denatured alcohol, acetone, white (mineral) spirit or similar solvent based product before applying the finish.
- If sanding is required after stripping with DSP 800 or removal of finish is done by sanding, proceed as instructed in “General Directions”.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of Oleofloor Natural depending on type of wood and foot traffic.
- Facing the light and starting opposite the door so as to work towards it, apply a first even and generous coat of Oleofloor Natural.
- Start at the edge then do the entire surface, working in areas of 2 m by 2 m.
- Allow to dry for 4 hours depending on the ambient conditions.
- Apply 2nd coat if required.
- Do not leave more than 12 hours between application of the 1st and 2nd coat.
- Always maintain a wet edge to avoid overlaps.
Coverage: 10 to 15m²/l (per coat)
Application tools: Synthetic roller. Synthetic brush. Floor applicator pad – synthetic/microfibre
Application temperature: 10°C to 25°C
Drying: Touch dry 1-2 hours, normal use 24 hours
Clean-up: Soap & Water