ESP – Easy Surface Prep (WB) 1ltr
- Easy wipe-on/wipe-off application.
- Prepares smooth slick surfaces for painting or varnishing.
- May be over painted with any oil-based or water-based paint or varnish.
- Eliminates time-consuming, laborious sanding.
- May be painted over anytime after 2 hours or up to 7 days later.
- Easy to use.
- Does not soften, remove or dull the old finish.
Where to use
- For interior or exterior use.
- Lacquers, baked enamels, varnishes, paint: walls, furniture, radiators etc
- Ceramics: bathroom.
- Melamine: kitchen furniture.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease, wax and other surface contaminants.
- Remove any loose and flaking old finish.
- For oily, greasy, waxed or varnished surfaces, scrub surface with a green scourer or 00 steel wool soaked with ESP. Wipe off all ESP after 5-10 minutes then follow application instructions below.
- Apply ESP liberally with a clean, dry, lint free cloth. If ESP «crawls» or separates, the surface is not clean.
- Wipe off ESP and re-clean according to above directions.
- Leave to stand 5 minutes then lightly wipe over the surface in one direction with a clean cloth to remove excess ESP.
- Allow ESP to dry.
Note: When dry, ESP may be left up to 7 days before applying the finish. After this time re-apply ESP as directed above.
- Do not overcoat with 2 pack finishes, cellulose, xylene, urethane coatings and other “hot solvent” based products.
- ESP provides a surface that finishes will stick to; it will not improve the inherent strength of the finish applied to it. Water-based finishes are manufactured for porous surfaces where they dry into the surface. When applied to a non-porous surface these finishes will be dry within the specified time but will take longer to reach full strength (fully cure). The result is a slightly soft film for several days after finishing.
Coverage: 18 m² per litre
Application tools: Lint free cloth, Brush, Roller.
Application temperature: Between 5°C and 35°C.
Drying: 2 hours
Clean-up: Soap and water.