Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
- AP60 combines the unique qualities of Owatrol Oil with excellent corrosion protective paint.
- Provides a high resistant, solid first stable layer that effectively protect metals against corrosion.
- Can be over coated with any single pack paint (glycerophtalic, alkyd-urethanes, oil-based etc)
- Perfect for preventing rust on fencing, railing, gates and guttering
- Providing long-term protection for machinery and automotive parts
- Guarding against the effect of weathering on steel structures and fibrous cement roofs
- Forms a sound surface on plastic and wood surfaces for other finishes to adhere to
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Adheres well to clean, bright steel
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other surface contaminants.
- Remove all mill scale, loose and flaking rust and old paint back to a sound surface and edge.
- Feather in any sharp edges.
- Surfaces exposed to chemicals (acids, alkalis or salt deposits) should be washed using copious amounts of water or steam cleaned.
- Severely contaminated surfaces should be cleaned using an appropriate solvent.
- Stir can well before and during use.
- Do not thin.
- Prime with 1 coat of AP.60.
- For surfaces subject to aggressive climatic conditions apply a 2nd coat.
Clean, Lightly Rusted or New Unpainted Rusty Steel
- Apply 2 coats of AP.60 allowing drying time between coats. Heavily Rusted Surfaces.
- Apply 2 coats of AP.60 allowing drying time between coats. Add 5-20% Owatrol Oil to first coat of AP.60 depending on severity of the rust.
Previously Coated Surfaces
- Spot prime all exposed metal with Owatrol Oil or 1 coat of AP.60 depending on severity of the rust and allow to dry.
- Follow with 1 or 2 coats of AP.60 allowing drying time between coats.
Coverage: 16 to 20m² per litre
Application Tools: Brush, Roller, Airless Sprayer (0.4 mm x 80˚ @ 1860 – 2000 psi (128 – 138 bars))
Suitable for: Exterior & Interior use
Clean Up: White spirit
Drying Time: 6-8 hours
Recoating Time: 24-48 hours