Free next day delivery
…on all Owatrol orders placed before 3pm, working days only
Owatrol Antislip 5 Ltr
Anti-Slip Paint For Wood
Owatrol Antislip (Antigliss) is a slip-resistant finish for wooden steps & decking etc.
- Protects and decorates.
- Easy maintenance – No sanding or stripping.
- Good UV and weather resistance – Lasting performance.
- Easy application.
- Non slip finish for all exterior wood surfaces.
Where to use
- Exterior use only.
- Horizontal surfaces.
- New or weathered wood.
- Decks, docks, pontoons, steps, walkways etc
- Softwoods – Untreated and pressure treated.
- Hardwoods – Exotic and broadleaved.
- Planed and rough sawn wood.
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings.
- Treat mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub solution on to surface and allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; rinse thoroughly.
- After cleaning and/or stripping, allow wood to dry 2-3 good drying days or until it has reached a moisture content of 18% or less before applying finish.
- Antislip can only be applied to bare wood surfaces or weathered surfaces previously finished with Antislip . All other finishes MUST be completely and thoroughly removed.
- If necessary sand surface after cleaning and/or stripping (80 grit paper).
- New planed, smooth wood has a hard shiny surface called mill glaze that prevents maximum penetration and bonding of any finish; this should be removed prior to application in order to ensure proper performance of the finish.
New wood surfaces:
- Treat with Aquanett or Prepdeck, neutralise with Net-Trol, alternatively mechanically abrade surface with 80 grit paper. Clean off all loose wood particles. Test wood for absorbency by sprinkling water on the surface.
- If water is absorbed rapidly, the surface is ready for finishing.
Untreated weathered woods
- Untreated wood surfaces that have weathered longer than 12 months should be thoroughly cleaned with undiluted Net-Trol to ensure that all loose wood fibres, dirt and other surface contaminants are removed.
Previously treated surfaces (oiled)
- All oils or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed with Aquanett or Prepdeck and the stripped surface neutralised with Net-Trol.
Previously treated surfaces (paint, stain, varnish etc)
- All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed.
Solvent (oil or alkyd based finishes)
Acrylic (Water-based) finishes
Other finishes e.g. 2 pack epoxies, urethanes etc
- Strip with DSP 800, neutralise by mechanically sanding or rinse surface with a suitable solvent – Warm Water, Acetone, White Spirits etc
Note: Hardwoods including exotic hardwoods and woods rich in tannins i.e. Cedar, Douglas Fir, Teak, Ipe, Iroko etc may darken with Aquanett, Prepdeck and Dilunett, neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour. Oak and Chestnut please contact us for additional information and advice.
- Stir product well (2 to 3 minutes) before and during application. Do not thin.
- Apply a 1st liberal, even application in the direction of the grain.
- Allow to dry a minimum 6 hours (20°C at 65% RH).
- Apply a 2nd even application in the direction of the grain.
Coverage: 13 m² per litre per coat
Application tools: Brush, Roller, Spray
Application temperature: Between 5°C and 30°C.
Drying: 24 hours.
Clean-up: Clean all tools and equipment with white spirits while still wet. If allowed to dry remove with paint stripper.